Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in New Castle during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Central Heating & Plumbing will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Central Heating & Plumbing at 724-401-1843 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.