It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like being informed when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings possible. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to notify you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of benefits that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Central Heating & Plumbing in New Castle has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 724-401-1843.