With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can cut a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically raise your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Central Heating & Plumbing professional do air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify potential concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the team at Central Heating & Plumbing a call at 724-401-1843.