As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when it’s time to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 724-401-1843 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t think twice about giving Central Heating & Plumbing in New Castle a call at 724-401-1843. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.