As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in New Castle? Particularly if your AC equipment is newer or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Central Heating & Plumbing technician can help spot minor issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little troubles before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and complete a series of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into big problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and components:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now with Central Heating & Plumbing
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Central Heating & Plumbing pros a call at 724-401-1843 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.