As springtime rolls around, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in New Castle? Even if your air conditioning unit is up-to-date or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to book any service for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Central Heating & Plumbing expert can help spot small problems before they become major breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to maintain intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up inside your system can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the long run, because you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify small issues before they lead to large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine components and complete a cycle of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they become large problems that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free operation throughout the summer. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is prepped to give worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to premature failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should have a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the following locations and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Central Heating & Plumbing
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Central Heating & Plumbing pros a shout at 724-401-1843 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to browse our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.