In New Castle you count on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace fix-up
visit any day. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and effect your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause trouble with your furnace’s threshold switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some indicators for you to look for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a professional, like Central Heating & Plumbing, if you note any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Signs related to your blower could signify a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working at top volume or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a clogged condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Central Heating & Plumbing at 724-401-1843 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.