During the cooler New Castle months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Central Heating & Plumbing will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Central Heating & Plumbing right away if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Central Heating & Plumbing can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Central Heating & Plumbing at 724-401-1843 or arrange an appointment with us online.