Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the New Castle season, have the specialists at Central Heating & Plumbing perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Central Heating & Plumbing today at 724-401-1843.