There’s no getting around the changing seasons in New Castle, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to consider annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Central Heating & Plumbing pro stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures drop in New Castle. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the pros at Central Heating & Plumbing a call at 724-401-1843 to start saving a little more today.